Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Off to the dentist

I thought I should probably write something today, but I wasn't sure what to post. Then, I got the idea to tell you one of my silly everyday thoughts that the Lord is teaching me. I have a dentist appointment today, (I hate going to the dentist), and I had a Doctor appointment for a physical yesterday.( I hate going to the doctor too.) I really didn't want to make either of these appointments, not because I don't like going, but because I didn't want to get anymore bad news. I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle if I had cancer too, so I didn't want to go. We talked to a man in San Diego a few weeks ago, who was diagnosed with Hodgkins while his wife had breast cancer. They were both in their 40's and his wife passed away. I told Dave that I don't think I could ever go through a trial like that. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how dumb that is to say. God is the one who decides how much we can handle and what is necessary to refine us to make us more like Him. He is the one who promises not to give us more that we can bear. God is already in the future, and He already knows what is going to happen. He ordained it all. No plan of His is going to be thwarted because I don't want to get a physical or go to the dentist. He has been totally faithful to me so far, why would I doubt and be afraid? I do still doubt, and I am still afraid sometimes. It is truly a moment by moment process of growth. I have to tell myself what is true. I just downloaded the song "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns on my ring tone, so it will remind me to listen to The voice of Truth whenever I hear it. So, if you call my cell phone it will really minister to me:) Now, I'm off to the dentist!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lauren,
I hope your appointments went well. We don't like going to the dentist either, they always tell us that we need work done that isn't covered by our insurance :(. Anyway, I love the song "Voice of Truth", it ministers to me when I hear it, lifting my spirts. I hope you hear it alot as your phone rings with encouraging words.

Mersch Family said...

Amen.