Friday, September 5, 2008

Funeral Songs

I knew when we picked the songs for my dad's funeral, they would be known from then on as "the funeral songs", and every time I heard them I would think of my dad. While today, I decided to get a pedicure and on the radio plays the funeral songs. I did everything I could not to cry when I'm stuck in the chair with no where to go! I didn't want to hurt the girl's feelings and have her think I didn't like the way she was painting my nails, and I definitely didn't want to have to try to explain to someone who make not understand English perfectly the whole story. So all that to say, if you have to pick funeral songs make sure they don't constantly play them on the radio!

2 comments:

Duane said...

Lauren, I'm very sorry to learn about the passing of your father. Please know that you have my deepest sympathy and that I'm sending nothing but kind thoughts your way.

Cherie Baker Vann said...

Hey Lauren - you are not alone, the same thing kept happening to me, at the oddest times. Don't feel bad about it - but it sure weird to go through, huh? You feel like you could handle your grief in most normal situations, but then the oddest things bring it to the surface! I'm here for ya!!