Saturday, July 26, 2008

Last Minute Vacation

David came home last Friday and announced that he was taking a vacation. The nice thing about his job is that he does get a lot of vacation time, but he usually never gets to take one in the summer. Only the people with the most seniority get those coveted months. His first vacation that he could have had was in February, but we had so many doctors appointments and my dad was in the middle of his treatment, that we decided we couldn't go away His second opportunity came in May, but we weren't sure how sick he was going to feel toward the end of treatment, and we didn't want to use op those days in case he needed them later. That was a big debate, do we live life to the fullest because we don't know what the future holds and take the vacation, spend the money, make memories while we can, or save the days and be careful just in case the cancer doesn't go away, or comes back and we are in it for longer than we hoped. Until last Friday we decided it would be more wise to be conservative and put everything on hold. Anyway, I guess David felt like he needed a break from work, and the kids are home for summer, so he asked his boss if he could have a few weeks off, and his boss said, "Yes!" So on Saturday, we decided to do a quick get away to Palm Springs. They has a special in the paper, and we wanted to go hang out at the pool, so we packed that night and left on Sunday. David took a detour and stopped to go shopping at his favorite store, Bass Pro Shops, and Avrielle and I did some back to school shopping at Victoria Gardens. While in Palm Springs, we went swimming, saw a movie, and ate out. It was really nice to be away. These pictures I took with my new camera! Yea! I walked into Costco 10 minutes before they closed and bought a camera because I wanted to take pictures of the trip. I basically just picked one up and paid for it. I know that probably wasn't the best thing to do, but I was in a hurry. Here are a few of the pictures we took, but I still have to read all the instructions.





No comments: