Saturday, June 21, 2008

What A Trooper!

David is taking a rest right now, and boy does he deserve it! I can tell he has back pain because he took a few Tylenol today. The shots he gives himself every other week cause bone pain because they are raising his white blood cell count. He also gets dizzy every time he bends his head down or sits and stands up. Today we had our second golfing lesson at 1:00 in the afternoon in 110 degree heat. I am telling you this to mention the fact the never once did I hear him complain. He can complain if he wants or needs to and I would completely understand, but he doesn't. I just think it is amazing that he is handling all this with such a great attitude. I love him so much. Pray for him on Tuesday, as it will be our 11th and final chemotherapy at Kaiser. On July1, our insurance changes and he will finish his treatments with a new doctor in a new hospital. The last treatment was rough in the nausea department, so pray that he wouldn't have anxiety about that. On Tuesday, I will be trying to gather all our records again from the insurance department, pathology, radiology, etc to bring them with us to his new doctor next week. I hope it all goes smoothly and I am able to do that while he is getting his treatment. If you could pray that I can be done before he is finished, so he doesn't have to wait there in the hospital when he is feeling sick, that would be wonderful. It is a simple request, but I know that would help him a lot. Thanks.

2 comments:

Alicia Goff said...

Lauren,

Thanks for checking in on the Goff family recently. It was great to hear from you. Please know we are praying for you and Dave during this difficult season. We miss you!

Alicia

Cherie Baker Vann said...

I'm so happy that you guys can get a new hospital :) I will try to think of other doctors I know!! my mom did everything at St Joe's in Burbank.... a bit far but she had great care