Sunday, June 8, 2008

This Next Week

We have a lot going on in the next seven days. On Tuesday, David will be getting his 10th chemotherapy treatment. We will also be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary. On Thursday, it would have been my dad's 65th birthday. This will be the first time we won't have him here with us to celebrate it. Katja, Carissa, and my Nanny are coming over for dinner, so at least we can be together as a family and share stories about him. It would be weird for me to do nothing and just have it be like any other day. Their wedding anniversary is next week. As you know, this Sunday is also Father's Day, and it too will be my first one without my dad. So, if you could pray for us that would be great. I just want to be emotionally balanced even though we will be all over the radar with the different events. I want to celebrate our marriage on Tuesday, even though it isn't how we would have planned that day to be. I want to celebrate David as a dad on Father's Day and still I know it will be hard missing mine. Mostly, I just want to honor the Lord and rest in his sovereignty over all these special dates this week.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Lauren,

Thanks for letting me know how I can specifically pray for you this week. I will definitely be praying for all of you.

Cherie Baker Vann said...

Laren girl, I've been there, I remember all the "firsts"! What I learned (the long and hard way! ha) is just be who you are - all of that, whatever emotion is or isn't there is all just a part of the healing process, so don't try to skip over them as I tried to do! (ok, maybe I should actually POST all of this, but maybe it will help someone else too!) I will so be praying for you - just be who you are and let it be what it is.... That's what God uses to heal us, even though it seems like the opposite! :) HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY too!!! Love, Cherie