Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Done with # 11. Lord willing, one more to go!

Today David finished Treatment #11. On the way there I asked him if we could stop at Starbucks so I could get some coffee. When I got in the car, I told him that stopping at our Starbucks on the corner in the morning makes me feel like we are going on vacation, since that is what we do when we go out of town. He was already beginning to feel nauseous thinking about going to treatment, so we played a game all morning and pretended that we were on our way for a week long trip in the Caribbean, and instead of going to the hospital we were driving to the airport. It worked for a little while until we stepped into the hospital lobby and David silently disappeared to the restroom. The rest of the day went downhill from there. The good news is they gave him a medicine in his IV which made him sleep through most of the treatment and take a good nap this afternoon. He was pretty loopy though. As far as getting all our records for our new doctor, everything went smoothly and I was able to finish before David was ready to go home, so he didn't have to wait any longer than he had to. The insurance department will have to mail all the records because their copier was broken, so I hope it arrives before next week. Next Monday, we have an appointment with a doctor from the city to ask about getting some of his sick time back from work, and on Tuesday we have our first appointment with the doctor from USC who we saw for our 2nd opinion. I wrote about how we found her in an earlier entry, and I was reminded about God's faithfulness in that circumstance.

1 comment:

catlover160 said...

Hi Lauren! Just checking in - I've been super busy lately but had been thinking about you guys! I had some dizziness too, and also extreme nausea during chemo, plus bone pain from the neulasta shots I was given after each chemo...the good news is that I recovered fairly quickly once it was all over, so hopefully he'll be the same way! You guys remain in my prayers! You're almost finished - woohoo!!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahadams