Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lemonade Stand (Pictures on The Kostjuks Blog)

Today I was watching the Hixson kids while their mom had a meeting at school. My kids love the Hixsons, and were so excited. Little did I know that last night David got a call out on his first day back to work. He finally got home at 8:45 am this morning after working more than 26 hours straight. What was I going to do with 5 energetic kids and a sleeping husband? We went swimming in the morning, and then I took everyone for pizza at Costco. We ran into the Kostjuks there and decided to take Gavin home with us and all have a lemonade stand. I warned the kids that with 6 of us participating they may not make too much money, so we all decided ahead of time to give the money to the Spanish ministry at church who are collecting school supplies for needy children. I expected to make maybe 5 to 10 dollars. Well, I was wrong and business was hopping. The kids made about $40.00 in 2 hours. I couldn't believe it. It was so much fun, and we got to talk with so many neighbors and even meet some new ones. At the end of the afternoon, I gave all the kids 2 dollars and we still had plenty left over to give to church. They can't wait to bring it on Sunday. Just a side note: If you ever see kids selling lemonade, buy some. I definitely will. It made them so happy, and the looks on their faces was priceless. (Ps. Thanks Wendy and everyone else for the encouragement to keep the blog up. I think I will:)

1 comment:

Kelli I. said...

I am thrilled that you will continue to blog about your sweet family. You have such a great way of telling stories and of being an encouragement in good times and difficult ones. Keep writing! I also love the pictures. It's fun for us who live far away to see your kids grow up. We miss you guys!