Saturday, December 13, 2008

Children's Hunger Fund




This morning the Anderson Family and our family helped out at Children's Hunger Fund with a bunch of other strangers. CHF has such an amazing ministry to the needy families in our area as well as throughout the world. It was so organized and we really got a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. Our job was to pack gift boxes of toys that were donated to them. Even the smallest of children were able to participate. I think the group was able to pack 10,000 boxes this morning! I love getting to open presents at Christmas, but it is true that serving and doing things for others brings a joy that can't be compared to anything.

1 comment:

The Chau Family said...

I thought I recognized the boys in your photos. Of course, they're Charissa's boys :)- such nice kids! My little sister works for CHF and my dad's on the board. If you ever go out to volunteer again, let us know, we'd like to join you.