Friday, November 21, 2008

A Week of Thanksgiving,Teas and Trials

It has been a while since I last updated because we have been super busy last few weeks. If you scroll down you can see all the different pictures. Here is a quick update for those people who I don't get to talk to all the time. Last Monday, David's Dad fell at home and is now at a rehabilitation nursing home. He is beginning to feel better as of yesterday, but all of the family was kept really busy last week figuring out the best way to help him long term. David's aunt also collapsed just a few days ago, and the doctors are still trying to figure out what happened to her. Our dear friend Kent Richardson had complications from his surgery and was in ICU this week. My friend Caroline lost her mother. Katja called last night and said that my grandma was in a lot of pain because she is not getting circulation to her feet, and she wanted to take her to the hospital too. Our family has felt pretty stretched lately with our own trials as well as bearing the burdens of others. Is is so hard to see people around you suffer difficulties. The good news is that the Lord promises us that when we are weak, He is strong. He is a refuge, and stronghold in times of trouble. We can cast our anxiety upon Him because He cares for us. I don't like hard times, but I do enjoy the comfort and peace of knowing God is sovereign, loves me and has a perfect plan that He is fully able to carry out for my good and His glory.

1 comment:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

oh lauren, I have totally been there! sandy and I went through a 2 year span when we lost 9 family members or close friends between us. There IS a beauty and true blessing on the other end, I promise. And thankfully God carries us through in the midst of it too! He loves us so much :) I will be praying!