Monday, March 10, 2008

Visit to see Nana Karen

This weekend we were able to visit David's mom, Nana Karen, at her work. We haven't seen her for a long time, so it was fun to catch up, and the kids were so excited. They wanted to follow her around the entire time in the furniture department instead of shop with us. We were looking for a new suit for David since his old one is practically is falling off him now. Can you imagine that happening in front of the Chief of Police and the entire Police Commision? I'm glad he found some nice clothes, and they look really handsome on him. We were able to get a really good deal thanks to Nana Karen :), so we were thankful. We also went to Calabassas to see my dad. He is home from the hospital now, but it was hard for me to see him because I felt so bad that he is suffering so much with his cough. I know he is glad to be home though. When someone is in the hospital you expect them to look weak or feel sick, but it was much harder to see him at home in regular clothes feeling so ill because in the back of my mind I equate being home with feeling better. I hope he can get some relief soon, and gradually build up some of his strength. Tomorrow is David's fourth chemotherapy treatment. He finished all his shots with only one bad day. Hopefully, all his blood counts will be up and we can stay on schedule. I'll post an update when we get home. Thanks for praying for us.

No comments: